“We are proud of our strong system of Pastoral Care here at Queens and believe that it is the key to success of all our students”.
Our Pastoral structure of Form Tutor, Head of Year, Key Stage Co-ordinators, Head of Boarding and Vice Principal ensures that there are at least five members of staff who have a particular concern for each girl.
The Principal operates an “Open Door” Policy so girls have the chance to talk to her in confidence.
We aim to develop all learners in our care to their fullest potential, through the provision of a pastoral care system that is both reactive and proactive. We are proud of our strong system of Pastoral Care here at Queens and believe that it is the key to success of all our students.
The foundation for this system is a set of principles and values that are built into all our pastoral care programmes:
• The holistic education of each individual
• Qur’anic recitation and Prayer
• The dignity and uniqueness of each person
• The importance of courtesy and kindness
• The fostering of courage and confidence to live in justice and truth
• The encouragement of a caring and respectful attitude towards self, others and the environment.
Support staff includes three Nurses as well as a Careers and Counselling Officer.